The Outreach Ministry is well into our program year. Our programs of witness and outreach work to benefit others, locally, nationally, and worldwide. In addition to providing opportunities to donate to organizations and causes where funds are most needed, we invite members of the church to actively participate in service and mission projects.
These are some of the current and ongoing programs and events to help our neighbors in need:
- Raise money for the Salvation Army through our annual Turkey Sale.
- Participate in Holiday Hope, to bring a festive Christmas to those who would otherwise receive no gifts.
- Collect much needed food for the Dartmouth Council on Aging food pantry.
- Serve meals monthly to those who might otherwise experience hunger at Sister Rose’s House soup kitchen.
- Receive nominations from the congregation so we can target our giving to organizations.
Some of the opportunities in the remaining year include:
- Donating gently used warm clothing for our post-Christmas coat drive.
- Collecting and distributing canned goods to The Hunger Commission, as part of Souper Bowl Sunday.
- Rolling up our sleeves for hands-on service work.
Opportunities for outreach abound. Would you like to travel and engage in a service project? We can help you find one. Do you have ideas for activities? We encourage suggestions.
We also seek nominations for organizations to which we can donate our church’s pledges and offerings.
Please share your ideas by dropping a note to the Outreach Ministry through the church office, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.